ENTRY FEE: $5.00
Entry Forms Close: Tuesday, MARCH 7th 5pm to Show Secretary, Box 53, Tanunda SA 5352
PRIZE MONEY: 1st: $25 2nd: $15 3rd: $10
CONVENOR: Kevin Hoskin P: 8563 3772 M: 0420 496470 E: email@example.com
TROPHIES: Wohlers Furniture
NB. Entries of wine with entry forms and fees must be delivered to either –
Kevin Hoskin (Convenor, phone or email for a drop off point)
OR entries can be delivered to the Show Hall office by Tuesday 7 March 2017 by 5pm.
- This competition is open for producers of wine who are amateur winemakers producing wine that is not for sale. Entrants must have a ‘hands on’ involvement in the making of the wine.
- Grape growers are encouraged to enter their own wine made as long as the total quantity produced, of the wine entered, is no more than 80 cases. Bottled wine from commercial wineries will not be eligible.
- All entries to be made from South Australia fruit only.
- Each entry is to be clearly marked with entrant’s name, wine class, vintage, region of fruit, variety (or blend) and percent of variety if blend. Own labels are permitted to be attached with the exception of neck labels. Each entry must name the person who made the wine and/or the person who entered the wine. Those bottled not completely or clearly marked accordingly may be disqualified. The bottles will be on display during Show.
- Class 1, 2, 3 & 4 entries to be one 750ml bottle. Only 2016, 2015 & 2014 vintages will be accepted.
- Class 5 entries to be one 375ml OR 750ml size bottle for judging. Fortified wine may be made from commercial blends. “Home casks” must be a minimum of 20 litres volume. Entries submitted must be a blend, submitted by an amateur, or hobbyist and the final blend not available commercially.
- Cash Prizes will be awarded for each section and trophies will be awarded for the top show wines. Prizes will be presented by sponsors at 1pm in the wine section in the show hall kitchen area.
- Judging will take place prior to the show at the judges and convenor’s discretion. The judges’ decisions are final. Entries are not returned to entrants however can be claimed after 3pm Saturday 11th March 2017 and if unclaimed will be destroyed.
- All entries to be blind judged to an international score system however feedback will only offer judged comments. After the close of Show entrants feedback will be mailed upon request and if full address details are supplied or by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org requesting results.
- Entries and results can be obtained from the Secretary’s Office after 3pm on Show Day
- Shiraz – 100% content Shiraz grapes
- Red Wine Blends
- Red Grape wine – Other. This must be a single varietal wine other than Shiraz (or Rose of any single variety)
- Other wines – fruit, cider, mead
- Fortified wines – cask